These brownies are incredible and the best part they can be made with leftover biscuit crumbs. These are fudgy wudgy wonders and can be made when you think you have no ingredients to make brownies with. These are rich, chocolaty, and decadent little brownies and if you feel they won’t taste like brownies you are wrong in fact these are some of the best brownies I have ever tasted. You do not need fancy equipment all you need is a bowl and a whisk and you are ready to make these amazing brownies.
Look at the picture above isn’t it just gloriously beautiful, as the fudgy chocolate brownies peak under a cloud of a crackly top? It’s poetic I know but if you don’t sing with joy after eating these brownies well you can send me to brownie prison. These brownies are fudgy, chocolaty, and decadent.
Why should you make these eggless biscuit brownies?
Easy one-bowl recipe: It’s a one-bowl recipe and requires no fancy equipment, just a whisk.
Made with kitchen staples: the ingredients used in these brownies are easily available in your kitchen, and you can make quick brownies to kill the brownie craving.
Biscuit/Cookie Crumbs: the most important ingredient in these brownies is the biscuit crumbs or the cookie crumbs. Let’s be honest we all have jars of biscuits/cookies that have crumbled into powder and we have no use for them and can only think about throwing them away. Well, now you don’t have to throw the cookie/biscuit crumbs you make brownies out of them. The cookies I recommend for the brownies are digestive/Marie biscuits/ or cookies with low sugar but you can make them with any cookie crumb or mix up various cookies and make these brownies. The only thing I would want you to be careful with is the fact that some biscuits/cookies have a peculiar flavor, for example, orange cookies, cardamom cookies (elaichi cookies), rose cookies, kesar pista cookies, etc now if you use their crumbs your brownies would taste delicious but have a peculiar scent because these flavors are strong. So before you become all adventurous about these brownies and flavors please keep in mind what biscuit/cookie crumbs you are using.
A Chocolate lovers dream: These cookies are very chocolaty and if you are a chocolate lover these brownies will soon become your favorite.
No Egg and No All-Purpose Flour: If you don’t have eggs or all-purpose flour at home you can still make these brownies. Where most of the recipes for brownies call for eggs or all-purpose flour my brownies don’t need these two ingredients. You can make perfect fudgy chocolate brownies without eggs or all-purpose flour. These brownies are perfect for people who don’t eat eggs.
Ingredients that go into an eggless biscuit brownie
Dark Chocolate 50%: use dark chocolate because this is what gives it the real chocolate flavor, and the darker the chocolate the more intense the chocolate flavor. I recommend dark chocolate and if you want the chocolate flavor to be more intense and love the bitterness of dark chocolate then I recommend you use a higher percentage of cocoa solids.
Cocoa Powder: Cocoa powder plays a crucial role in eggless biscuit brownies by contributing flavor, color, and a rich chocolatey taste.
Condensed Milk: Condensed Milk is what lends the sweetness and the structure to the brownies. Condensed milk is the reason the brownies are fudgy and sweet. Please do not leave this ingredient out or substitute it.
Digestive Biscuits/Cookies: Biscuits/cookie crumbs are what give these brownies a structure and also provide a good substitute in place of all-purpose flour. This ingredient is the star ingredient and this is what makes the brownies fudgy and dense.
Butter: provides richness to the brownies and makes them buttery and delicious.
Baking Powder: this is what provides the dense batter a lightness and the brownies rise and become light and a little fluffy because of them.
Salt: a tiny pinch of salt enhances the chocolate flavor so don’t leave it out.
Commonly Asked Questions
- Why make eggless biscuit brownies?
Eggless biscuit brownies are delicious to eat and are great for individuals with egg allergies and dietary restrictions. Another great reason for making these is that you don’t have to throw out the delicious biscuit/ cookie crumbs and they can be put to good use. They also offer a delicious alternative for anyone looking to try a different variation of brownies.
- What can be used as an egg substitute in eggless biscuit brownies?
I would recommend only condensed milk as this is what provides the brownies the sweetness and structure. I haven’t tried it with any other substitute.
- Can I use any type of biscuits or cookies in eggless biscuit brownies?
Yes, you can use a variety of biscuits or cookies based on your preference. Digestive biscuits, Marie biscuits, chocolate chip cookies, or any other crunchy cookies work well. The choice of biscuits can add different flavors and textures to the brownies.
- Do eggless biscuit brownies taste different from traditional brownies?
The taste and texture of eggless biscuit brownies can be similar to traditional brownies. However, the absence of eggs may result in a slightly different texture. Many people find them just as delicious as traditional brownies.
- How do I know when eggless biscuit brownies are done baking?
Insert a toothpick into the center of the brownies; if it comes out with a few moist crumbs (not wet batter), they are done. Baking times may vary, so it’s essential to keep an eye on them to avoid over-baking.
- Can I add other ingredients to eggless biscuit brownies?
Yes, you can customize the recipe by adding ingredients like nuts, chocolate chips, or dried fruits. This allows you to personalize the flavor and texture of the brownies to suit your preferences.
- Are eggless biscuit brownies suitable for vegans?
It depends on the specific recipe. If the biscuits or cookies used are vegan, and no other animal products are included, then the brownies can be suitable for a vegan diet. Additionally, ensure that the other ingredients, such as butter or chocolate, are also vegan.
- Can I make eggless biscuit brownies gluten-free? Yes, you can make gluten-free eggless biscuit brownies by ensuring that the biscuits or cookies used are also gluten-free. Check all ingredients for potential sources of gluten.
- Preheat the Oven to 180 degrees C take a 6′ square pan line it with parchment paper and butter it well. When you line the pan with the parchment paper make sure the paper overhangs from the side so that it’s easier for you to lift the brownies when they are baked.
- Melt the chocolate and butter. Keep it aside. Now crush the biscuits/ cookies well or if you have them powdered already add to them the baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder and mix it well.
- Add the chocolate and mixture along with the condensed milk into the biscuit/ cookie crumbs and give it a good mix.
- Now spread the brownie batter into the baking tin and bake at 180 degrees C for 20 to 25 minutes until the middle is firm and the toothpick comes out with a few fudgy crumbs. Let it cool down completely before you place it in the fridge for an hour. Cut it into pieces and enjoy
OTHER BROWNIE RECIPES YOU CAN TRY
Do try these brownie recipes and let me know how it went for you. Follow my page on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Leave your comments below and let me know how you liked my recipes. Much love, N.